About this website
This website may use "cookies" or collect information about people who access the website. Our Internet server may automatically record details about any computer used to access the website (such as the IP address, domain name and browser type), the date and time of access, and details of the information downloaded. This information is used for internal statistical purposes and to improve this website.
Use of site
The information and materials on the Australian Hearing website are intended to outline our services and general matters of interest. If you use or rely on this material, you do so at your own risk.
Ownership of content
Unless otherwise indicated, we reserve all copyright in the content and design of this website. As between us and you, we own all such copyright or use it under licence or applicable law.
Other than for the purposes of and subject to the conditions prescribed under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) (or any other applicable legislation throughout the world), or as otherwise provided for in this copyright notice, no part of any information on the website may in any form or by any means (including electronic, mechanical, microcopying, photocopying or recording) be reproduced, adapted, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted without the prior written permission of Australian Hearing.
Australian Hearing reserves all other rights in the information and materials on the website and the Australian Hearing website itself.
Third party content
The website may contain text, images, data and other content provided by a third party and displayed on the website (Third Party Content). We may not check Third Party Content for viruses or other harmful code.
Links to third party websites
Use of chatrooms and other communication forums
No material shall be posted in, on, or through the website that violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane, indecent, reflects negatively on us, or is otherwise objectionable, gives rise to civil liability, or otherwise violates any law, or that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence.
You agree not to:
(1) Upload, post, or otherwise make available any material protected by copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right on the website, without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right.
The burden of determining that any material is not protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right rests on you. You shall be solely liable for any damages resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trademarks, proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from any uploading, posting, or submission.
(2) Upload files to this website that contain viruses, corrupted files, or other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another person’s computers, software, websites, or network.
You will be solely responsible for damages arising from any claims that files posted by you caused damage to the operation of another person’s computer, software, websites, or network.
Limitation of liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we:
(1) Exclude all liability to any person for loss or damage of any kind, however arising from or relating in any way to this website or the information on it, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), statute, equity, indemnity or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited to, the transmission of any computer virus;
(2) Make no warranties or representations regarding the quality, accuracy, completeness, suitability or fitness for purpose of the materials on this website;
(3) Do not warrant or represent that this website or information on it will not cause damage or is free from any computer virus or any other defects or errors; and
(4) Exclude all liability to users of the website for any loss or damage howsoever caused resulting from the use of the website and/or the information on it.
(5) Take no responsibility for Third Party Content and make no representation or warranty about the quality, suitability, accuracy, reliability, currency or completeness of Third Party Content.
(6) Are not responsible for examining or evaluating, and we do not warrant the products or offerings of any third parties, or the accuracy of the content of their websites. We do not assume any responsibility or liability for the actions, product, and content of any such websites.
(1) In the case of a supply of goods, Australian Hearing doing any one or more of the following (at its election):
(a) replacing the goods or supplying equivalent goods;
(b) repairing the goods;
(c) paying the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; and/or
(d) paying the cost of having the goods repaired; or
(2) In the case of a supply of services, Australian Hearing doing either or both of the following (at its election):
(a) supplying the services again; and/or
(b) paying the cost of having the services supplied again.
The limitations and exclusions of liability are also held by Australian Hearing for the benefit of its officers, employees, servants and agents.